Job Title: Event Planner
LOCATION: SANTA ROSA, CALIFORNIA
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Sonoma Land Trust (SLT) is an accredited, nonprofit land trust founded in 1976 with a staff of thirty-one. SLT’s mission is to protect the scenic, natural, agricultural, and open landscapes of Sonoma County for the benefit of the community and future generations. To date, SLT has protected over 45,000 acres. The organization works in partnership with the Sonoma County Agricultural Preservation and Open Space District and other public agencies and nonprofit organizations to accomplish its mission.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Event Planner is a full-time position (33-40 hours/week) responsible for assisting the Development department with its events, supporting its leadership giving program and other related fundraising efforts. The Event Planner reports to the Director of Philanthropy, with collaboration among other departments. SLT hosts 15-20 events each year to support its fundraising objectives. Event range in size from 10 to more than 200 people, and are often held on undeveloped land, requiring special considerations and creativity for providing meals in areas with limited kitchen facilities, parking and electricity. The attendees of SLT events are donors and potential donors and the Events Planner is responsible for ensuring that these guests’ experiences are uniformly excellent, from inception to conclusion of each event, including the follow up acknowledgments.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
* Work with the Development department to pull event lists from the database for mailing of invites.
* Design and send email templates for invitations, “First to Know” announcements and acknowledgments within the database.
* Work with the Director of Philanthropy to oversee the production and mailing of event invitations.
* Manage event RSVPs and conduct research on event attendees for guest briefings for staff and board.
* Oversee event details, from creating production schedules to managing contractors, volunteers and staff.
* Coordinate parking and directions, including creating maps, carpooling if necessary
* Work with staff and volunteers to create event program, including talking points and timeframes
* Secure appropriate permits, such as liquor licenses for events
* Manage guest check-in when applicable, including creating check-in list and overseeing check-in table.
* Manage event calendar, assist with scheduling, updating and sharing
* Generate accurate name tags
* Maintain event supply inventory (donated wine, linens, tables, etc.)
* Work across departments to ensure coordination and accommodation of VIPs and elected officials.
* Interact with guests as a member of the Development team.
* Participate as member of Development team in planning and implementing fundraising and financial goals and strategies.
* Assist Development department with donor stewardship programs and activities.
* Assist with entering gifts and issuing thank you letters when needed.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
* AA or BA/BS from accredited college or university; or three years or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Event production experience, preferably in the nonprofit sector, or hospitality industry. Experience with wineries, Slow Food, eco-tourism and/or farm-to-table venues a plus.
* Database experience required; experience with donor software a plus.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with special expertise in Excel.
* Strong research skills; experience with donor research software a plus.
* Experience with nonprofit fundraising or high-level customer service.
OTHER ATTRIBUTES THAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR INCLUDE:
* Strong interpersonal, service-oriented skills.
* A commitment to supporting sustainable food systems and businesses while balancing budget and logistical constraints.
* Dedication to accuracy and ability to maintain focus and accuracy during data processing.
* Detail-oriented; able to prioritize work and set and meet deadlines.
* Self-motivated, self-directed and results-oriented.
* Able to juggle multiple priorities and at times difficult situations with grace and a smile
* The ability to work well in a team environment.
* Excellent written and verbal skills.
* Punctual and reliable.
* A commitment to the mission of Sonoma Land Trust
OTHER REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
* Valid California driver’s license, auto insurance and functioning car for use on the job.
* The ability to lift 50 pounds and walk over rough terrain.
* The ability to work weekends and evenings.
This is a full time, permanent position. Sonoma Land Trust offers competitive salaries and benefits. The salary for this position is contingent on experience and qualifications.
Please e-mail (1) a letter introducing yourself and (2) a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please: no phone calls, drop-ins, or paper.
The position is open until filled but early applications are encouraged. We will acknowledge by e-mail receipt of each application within a week of receipt. The application deadline is March 21, 2017.
Sonoma Land Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We are actively recruiting a diverse workforce.
Join Sonoma Land Trust in making a great experience for children at Bay Camp, our new bilingual day camp on the San Pablo Bay! We are seeking two creative individuals to lead children ages 7 to 10 in Spanish and English for bicycling, kayaking, and exploration of the marsh lands. The Bay Camp Counselors work under the direction of the Bay Camp Director and are each responsible for facilitating activities for a group of 10 children.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervising a group of 10 children ages 7 to 10
- Leading camp games and activities, and providing supervision during water activities
- Providing leadership for and direction of Camp Aides
- Supervising the children on the bus rides to and from camp each day
- Performing other duties as requested by the Camp Director
Dates: Weekly, Monday through Friday, July 16 through August 4, plus Sunday afternoons, and two pre-camp staff training days
Hours: 8am to 4pm weekdays, 1 to 5pm on Sundays
Location: Sonoma (bus pickup and drop-off) and San Pablo Bay near Sonoma Raceway
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Previous experience working with children and/or classes in child development
- Interest in the outdoors and nature activities
- Able to work well with parents, other adults, peers and children
- Able to ride a bicycle a minimum of two miles a day
- Able to swim
- Able to work outdoors in the sun during hot weather, walk up to three miles a day, and be able to lift and carry up to thirty pounds
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must pass the Live Scan fingerprint check to work with children
Please email a letter introducing yourself and a copy of your resume to email@example.com. The position is open until filled.
About Sonoma Land Trust:
Our mission is to protect the scenic, natural, agricultural, and open landscapes of Sonoma County for the benefit of the community and future generations. Since 1976, we have protected more than 48,000 acres of beautiful, productive, and environmentally significant land in and around Sonoma County. www.sonomalandtrust.org
Sea parte junto con Sonoma Land Trust en crear una buena experiencia para niños y niñas en Bay Camp, nuestro nuevo campo de día bilingüe en la bahía de San Pablo! Estamos buscando a dos individuales creativos que dirijan a niños y niñas edades 7 a 10 en español e inglés para montar en bicicleta, kayac y explorar las tierras pantanosas. Los consejeros de Bay Camp trabajarán bajo la dirección del director de Bay Camp y son responsables de facilitar actividades para un grupo de 10 niños.
Deberes y responsabilidades
- Supervisar un grupo de niños edades 7 a 10
- Dirigir juegos y actividades de campo y proporcionar supervisión durante actividades de agua
- Proporcionar liderazgo y dirección a los ayudantes de campamento
- Supervisar a los niños en el camión durante paseos hacia y desde el campamento cada día
- Llevar a cabo otros deberes al la solicitud del director del campamento.
- Hablar en español e inglés con fluidez
- Tener experiencia anterior trabajando con niños y/ o tomar clases en desarrollo infantil
- Tener interés al aire libre y actividades de la naturaleza
- Tener la habilidad de trabajar bien con padres de familia, otros adultos, compañeros y niños
- Tener la habilidad de andar en bicicleta un mínimo de dos millas por día
- Tener la habilidad de nadar
- Tener la habilidad de trabajar al aire libre en el sol durante clima caliente, caminar hasta tres millas al día, y tener la habilidad de levantar y transportar hasta 30 libras
- Tiene que tener por lo menos 18 años de edad
Fechas: Cada semana, lunes a viernes, Julio 16 a Agosto 4, más domingos en la tarde, y dos días de entrenamiento antes de que cominsa el campamento.
Horas: 8am a 4pm entre semana, 1 a 5pm los domingos
Pago: $15/ hora
Locación: Sonoma (camión recogerá y dejará) y La bahía de San Pablo cerca de Sonoma Raceway
Favor de enviar un una carta introduciéndose y una copia de su currículum por correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org. La posición estará disponible hasta que se llene.
Sobre Sonoma Land Trust:
Nuestra misión es de proteger tierras escénicas, naturales, agriculturales y campos abiertos del condado de Sonoma para el beneficio de la comunidad y generaciones del futuro. Desde 1976 hemos protegido más de 48,000 acres de terrenos hermosos, productivos y ambientalmente significante dentro y alrededor del condado de Sonoma. www.sonomalandtrust.org