Due to the COVID-19 crisis, some parks mentioned in the guides may be closed and our preserves, with the exception of Pole Mountain, are not accessible at this time.
Wild About Wildflowers
Wildflowers are one of the telling signs that spring has arrived — and, in California, we’re lucky to be home to such a wide variety of native flowers, including many rare and endemic species. In fact, Sonoma, Napa and Mendocino counties are home to 358 species of wildflowers alone!
This a short, handy guide to just some of Sonoma Land Trust’s favorite, beautiful and unusual flowers of Sonoma County, many of which can be found on our protected preserves. #NoticeNature Includes:
- Gorgeous pictorial of some of our favorite native flowers
- Habitats where each can be found
- Peak blooming seasons
- The best wildflower hikes in Sonoma County
Conservation Cocktails: Recipes for Saving the Land
What does protecting nature in Sonoma County have in common with cocktails? Like the land and waterways of Sonoma County, cocktails are remarkably diverse and incredibly adaptive. They can be cool or hot, dry or fresh, and even evoke different places and seasons from their flavors, like a mojito in the tropics or a hot toddy in the cold of winter.
We hope you enjoy this carefully crafted cocktail book inspired by the regions and places we work hard to protect and restore — and we expect that, as you read through this book and sip on your drink, you’ll feel the connection to the land, too.
- Five unique cocktail recipes inspired by Sonoma County’s landscapes
- Recommended hiking spots to inspire your cocktail hour
- Mocktail substitutes for each recipe
Five Most Instaworthy Sonoma County Hikes
Looking for some new hikes this season? Want to up your Instagram game? We’ve got you covered! Sonoma Land Trust staff gathered our five favorite — and Instaworthy — hikes around Sonoma County in this trusty digital guide.
- Five memorable hikes ranging easy to advanced
- Most Instagrammable locations for each hike
- Tips on what not to miss along the way